Tuesday, May 20, 2008

a little calm before.....

Wow! I can't believe that it has come to this already! I am shocked to find myself in the month of May, looking forward to all that is coming this summer.

Last weekend I said goodbye to my job and life in Santa Rosa, CA. In one crazy weekend I gave my car away, sold my bike and loaded the remainder of my possessions into my parent's car and headed for Mariposa.

Where I find myself now is staring straight at a calendar full of traveling and preparation for the next three months. Beginning next week, I will travel to Colorado for a 3-week training conference with Mission Training International. I will be participating in a pre-departure program designed to help develop practical skills and attitudes that will take me through the challenging and rewarding process of being interwoven with another culture on the mission field.

Then I will be back in California for a week and will then head to Indiana for 5 days to visit with a friend and be a bridesmaid in her wedding. After the wedding I will head straight down to Costa Rica to spend the entire month of July studying Spanish.

That will bring me to the end of my summer of training. At that point, I hope to be able to relocate to the DR at the beginning of August. However, if all of my support has not been raised at that time, I will have to wait until it all comes in.

I have currently raised all the support needed in one-time gifts to cover the costs of MTI and language school training. However, I am only about 50% funded in monthly support. Monthly support includes rent, gas, bills, food and other daily living expenses while I am living in the DR. I need to raise 100% of my monthly support, about $1500/month, before I am able to relocate to the DR, as it would be unwise to move somewhere and have no way to pay the bills.

I ask that you would join with me in prayer as I wait on the Lord for my support to come in. I am confident of this call that God has put on my life so I know that He will provide all the means necessary to see it come to pass. Please pray that I would be patient and wait for the Lord's timing, knowing that this is His plan and His timing will be perfect. I ask that you would also prayerfully consider what part you might play in supporting me over the next few years as I am serving in the Dominican Republic.

Support can be sent to the following address:

Students International
P.O. Box 2733
Visalia, CA 93279-2733

Please be sure to indicate that it is for Katie Lombard, and also indicate what type of support is being committed (ie: prayer support, one-time gift, or monthly commitment). Also, if you have not received a picture prayer card, please let me know and I will get one out in the mail for you.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support. I am so excited for all that is in store for me in the next few months of preparation.

No comments: