Friday, May 7, 2010

April Trip Home and Fundraising

At the end of April I had the opportunity to take 2 weeks off to come home and visit my family, as well as do a little fundraising. The week started off wonderfully visiting with my sister and family in San Francisco and celebrating my niece, Lyla's, 1st birthday.

I then headed up to Santa Rosa to visit my dear friends Marissa and Erik.

After that I came home to Mariposa for a few days and got to share at my home church, Ponderosa Basin Chapel, and well as spending a day sharing with the High School Spanish classes. It was fun to get to see the high schoolers excited about learning about my experiences living in a Spanish speaking country.
I then headed down to San Luis Obispo to visit my brother and grandma and share at my college home church, Calvary SLO. I then took the 7 hour Amtrak back to SF, splurged on a taxi to the airport with my 2 50lb. suitcases full of treats, shopping, and gifts and spent the night in the airport in order to catch my 6 am flight back to the DR.

It was a wonderful trip full of loving family and friends and great times sharing at my two supporting churches. Now it is back to school and summer teams that began this week.

No comments: