Saturday, April 9, 2011

My birthday

My birthday was on wednesday and I wasn't expecting much, what with the wedding taking first priority this year. :-) I received a box of Thin Mints in the mail from my parents which was a WONDERFUL surprise! Then, on my birthday, I had to spend the whole day in the Capital completing the process for my permanent Dominican residency. When I arrived back in Jarabacoa at 8:30 pm I figured that my birthday had been wasted in the Immigration building and there was no time to do anything fun. However, much to my great surprise and delight, Cristian picked me up and took me to a friends house where he had a whole surprise party waiting for me! A bunch of my friends were there and we had dinner together. It was so fun and I felt so special and loved. To top it all off he had purchased this beautiful, delicious cake for me.

It turned out to be a good birthday after all. :-)

No comments: