Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rain, rain, go away!!

These past two weeks we have had SO much rain!  When it rains alot, the kids usually don't show up for school since most of them get to school either on foot or on a motorcyle.  This week we had a group of high school students from Big Valley High in Modesto come and serve for the week.  On one of the rainy days we had the chance to just sit around and talk all day.  The students shared their testimonies with us and it was so encouraging to hear these 15 and 16 year olds talk about their desire to grow closer to Christ.

This is a part of my job that I don't talk too much about on this blog, since it is the part that is the hardest for me.  But having these students in my school for a week or two is not only a help to me and my kids, but it is a chance for me to minister to them.  I ask that you would keep this aspect of the Students International ministry in your prayers.  Next week we have another team coming in, and rain is on the forecast again.  I ask that you would pray that God would minister to these students even when it is raining and there are no kids at school.  Pray that God would help me to be bold and confident as I speak with them.  And that God would give me a heart passionate about ministering to them.

No comments: