Sunday, January 17, 2010

Earthquake in Haiti

I have received many emails from people wondering how the DR faired in the huge earthquake that hit Haiti on Tuesday. Rest assured that all is well here. Many people felt the tremor but there was not damage in the DR. Praise God. Thank you so much for all of your concern and prayers. Please continue to pray and support in any way possible the relief effort in Haiti. Pray for me as well as I (being the bleeding heart that I am, according to my dad) would love to go first hand and help in anyway possible. Pray that I would be able to use wisdom in discerning what is the best way I can help, whether that means helping out here in the DR with the many displaced Haitians and orphans who are being sent here, or if it means actually going to Haiti. Both of my roommates work with Kids Alive international, which is a large international missions organization that specializes in working with orphans and at risk kids. They have already been in contact with the government officials of both Haiti and the DR and will be accepting Haitian orphans into their DR orphanages and care centers as early as this week, so there is definitely a possibility that I could get involved there as well.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. I will be working on putting together another newsletter soon, so keep your eyes out for that.

No comments: