Friday, February 26, 2010

Child of the week - Kyarolin

Meet Kyarolin:Now, I know that teachers are not supposed to have favorites. Don't get me wrong, I love each one of my kids just as much as the next, but their are a few kids who just pull my heart strings a little more. Kyarolin is one of those. Maybe it is the fact that she looks like a Cabbage Patch Doll.Or the fact that she sounds like a cartoon character when she talks.
Or the fact that she says that she is my daughter. In any case, I love Kyarolin and she is a joy and a laugh to be around. This is her first year at our school and she is 3 years old. Her main accomplishment that she has made this year is in the area of social development. At the beginning of the year she would be content to spend all of recess in my lap and never interact with the other kids. Now, the fact of the matter is that I would be happy to have her in my lap all day long, but I knew it was important for her to play with the other kids. So I started encouraging her to play with the other kids. I would take her over to the sand box and sit with her for a few minutes and then leave her contently playing alongside the other children. She has developed greatly in this area. She is still shy, which is fine, but at least she talks and interacts with the other kids more.
Kyarolin comes from a loving, stable household but her parents are not Christians. There is also a bit of turmoil in her household as her oldest sister, Diosmeri, who was the only real Christian of the family, just turned up pregnant by her boyfriend and got thrown out of the house. Pray for her family that they would come to a saving knowledge of Christ.

No comments: