Sunday, April 1, 2012

Special Fundraising Request

This is how I've been doing laundry for the last 4 years:
1. fill bucket on the left with hose water
2. add clothes and homemade detergent (click here for the recipe I use.)
3. let run for 12 minutes.
4. drain water.
5. transfer clothes to right side bucket.
6. turn on to spin clothes
7. fill left bucket agin
8. add clothes and fabric softener.
9. let run for 12 minutes.
10. drain water.
11. transfer clothes to right side bucket.
12. turn on to spin clothes.
13. hang to dry.

This old semi-automatic washing machine has been passed down about 4 times and has been with me for the last 4 years.  It has broken once since I've had it and is definitely on it's last leg.  So I am beginning to save up to buy a washer and dryer.  I estimate that I will need about $1000 in order to buy both a washer and dryer.

If you are interested in donating to help us towards the purchase of a washer and dryer please send checks to:

Students International
PO Box 2733
Visalia, CA  93279

Please include a note inside that specifies that it is for Katie Grullon intended for "washer/dryer purchase".

Thanks you!

No comments: