Thursday, July 31, 2008

July Update

Hello family and friends! I have just safely returned from my month of Language School in Costa Rica. It was definitely time well spent as I learned a lot and feel even more prepared to begin my work in the Dominican Republic. After a month of living once again in a Latin American country, I am even more itchin' to get back to the DR!

My current status is that I am still waiting on my last bit of support. I still need about $400 in monthly pledges and about $7000 in start up costs. My biggest need right now is that last bit of one-time gifts, which will be put toward the purchase of a vehicle in the DR. Used cars usually cost about $10,000 in the DR, a little more expensive than here. Having a reliable vehicle is quite necessary for me as some of the places I could be working are quite remote and not easily accessible. In addition to my own transportation and safety, I will also at times need to use my vehicle as a transport for students who come to serve with SI on short-term outreaches.

I want to thank everyone who has pledged, sent in support and promised to pray for me. My goal is to be back in the Dominican Republic sometime in the month of August but I am unable to go until I am fully funded. I am asking once again that you would consider the possibility of an additional one time gift to put toward the purchase of a vehicle. If you have been thinking about a monthly pledge and/or a one-time gift, please let me know and also notify the SI office as soon as possible as this will make it possible for me to finalize my plans.

Once again, thank you so much for all the prayer and support. I really appreciate it and I feel so blessed to be heading on this adventure with such an amazing body of family and friends supporting me and praying for me.

Love Katie

Students International Home Office
PO Box 2733
Visalia, CA 93279
559-627-8923

No comments: